TEL AVIV, Israel, July 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Radware (Nasdaq: RDWR), the leading provider of integrated application delivery solutions for business-smart networking, today announced that test results from SAP's Enterprise Services Community Networking Lab (ENL) found Radware's APSolute application front-end solution provided up to 50 times faster end-user response time. Radware's behavioral security module also enabled 100 percent continuity of transactions under simulated denial-of-service (DoS) flood attacks. The results underscore Radware's ability to help customers optimize the cost-effective deployment of enterprise service-oriented architecture (enterprise SOA)-based application landscapes, helping ensure that they are always fast, reliable, and secure.
TEL AVIV, Israel, July 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — Radware (Nasdaq: RDWR), the leading provider of integrated application delivery solutions for business-smart networking, today announced that test results from SAP's Enterprise Services Community Networking Lab (ENL) found Radware's APSolute application front-end solution provided up to 50 times faster end-user response time. Radware's behavioral security module also enabled 100 percent continuity of transactions under simulated denial-of-service (DoS) flood attacks. The results underscore Radware's ability to help customers optimize the cost-effective deployment of enterprise service-oriented architecture (enterprise SOA)-based application landscapes, helping ensure that they are always fast, reliable, and secure.
SAP's ENL evaluated the interoperability and compatibility of Radware solutions and SAP(R) solutions for global, enterprise SOA environments based on five criteria: application availability, scalability, response time and performance, security and manageability. The Radware solution was configured to perform essential application delivery functions including traffic management, traffic re-direction, health monitoring, SSL offloading, TCP optimization, caching, compression and application security. The findings show that Radware's integrated application delivery solution for business-smart networking provides the following significant end-user benefits:
– Radware demonstrated up to a 90 percent performance improvement in end-user response times on critical transactions.
– For remote users of the SAP NetWeaver(R) platform, Radware was able to reduce document download times for 5MB files by 85 percent for T3 lines and by 94 percent for DSL lines.
– Through an integrated behavioral DoS module, Radware ensured 100 percent transaction processing and delivery, eliminating without performance degradation, an approximate 22 percent failure rate for unprotected transactions subjected to DoS flood attacks.
Radware products included in the test scenario have been designed to specifically address challenges of distributed SAP application-based infrastructures, which are driven by today's leading IT trends. With Radware's AppDirector and AppXcel, which comprise its application front-end solution, enterprises can make their networks "business-smart" to achieve the following:
– High Availability and Performance: AppDirector distributes heavy traffic between servers intelligently and efficiently to eliminate traffic surges, server bottlenecks, connectivity disconnects and downtime. This helps ensure the availability of critical SAP applications at all times with additional performance and response time optimization provided by AppXcel's acceleration features.
– Dynamic, Business-Oriented Scalability: AppDirector enables servers to be added or deleted on the fly and transparently without service interruption. Hence, organizations can increase or decrease the number of users easily with the changing conditions in the market.
– Security Assurance: The embedded security modules in Radware's APSolute solution further protect critical SAP applications from application and network attacks. DoS attacks are identified and immediately blocked, allowing only legitimate users to access the application resources without human intervention.
– Cost-Effective Manageability: Managed by Insite, a unified and centralized managed software, Radware's APSolute solution allows all products implemented locally or globally to be managed from a single location in an easy-to-use and efficient manner through SNMP and open, XML-based APIs for automatic configuration and lower total cost of ownership.
"As a member of SAP's Enterprise Services Community, we're delighted to have participated in the ENL testing program along with our partner Riverbed to help our mutual and potential customers improve application performance and reliability," said Ezra Yosef, Director of Business Development, Radware. "Our products are carefully engineered to provide customers with more business-aware networks to ensure critical applications stay running at all times."
Testing was conducted by the SAP Enterprise Services Community (ES Community), of which Radware is a member. The ES Community created the ENL, a controlled lab environment for the testing of networking products in a production-grade, enterprise SOA environment. The ENL is based on the SAP Discovery Server, a collection of common business scenarios, in the form of composite applications.
"The purpose of testing conducted by SAP's ENL is to optimize wide area network performance and security for enterprise SOA solutions for our customers," said Joerg Nalik, Ph.D., director, Partner Solution Management, SAP Labs. "We found that Radware's APSolute solution interfaced excellently with networks around SAP applications. The benefits realized from the tests translate into improved productivity and reduced costs."
The following vendor equipment was used to conduct the tests: Radware AppDirector and AppXcel for application delivery, Riverbed Steelhead appliance for WAN Acceleration, HP LoadRunner and the Shunra WAN emulation, the SAP NetWeaver Portal, SAP composite applications and other components of the SAP Discovery Server offering.
For more information about Radware's test results and optimization capabilities for SAP applications, please visit www.radware.com/afe/sap to download the solution white paper.
Radware (Nasdaq: RDWR), the global leader in integrated application delivery solutions, assures the full availability, maximum performance, and complete security of business-critical applications for more than 5,000 enterprises and carriers worldwide. With APSolute(TM), Radware's comprehensive and award-winning suite of intelligent front end, access, and security products, companies in every industry can drive business productivity, improve profitability, and reduce IT operating and infrastructure costs by making their networks "business-smart". For more information, please visit www.radware.com.
APSolute is a trademark of Radware.
SAP, SAP NetWeaver and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP AG in Germany and in several other countries all over the world.
All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
SAP Information Regarding Forward-looking Statements
This press release may contain forward-looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.
Radware's Forward-looking Statement
This press release may contain forward-looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from these forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, general business conditions in the Application Switching or Network Security industry, changes in demand for Application Switching or Network Security products, the timing and amount or cancellation of orders and other risks detailed from time to time in Radware's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including Radware's Form 20-F.
Media Relations: Melissa Mirabile Fleishman-Hillard +1-212-453-2327 email@example.com Investor Relations: Dennis S. Dobson +1-203-255-7902 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Radware Ltd