PARIS, December 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As part of the program of reforms undertaken by the Algeria Post Office (AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste) to improve and extend the services it offers, modernizing its information systems and making them more secure has become an increasingly vital imperative.
PARIS, December 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ — As part of the program of reforms undertaken by the Algeria Post Office (AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste) to improve and extend the services it offers, modernizing its information systems and making them more secure has become an increasingly vital imperative.
To achieve these aims, AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste has chosen to work with Bull – the European information systems architect to support the company in upgrading its information systems, and so successfully strengthen its policy of delivering ever more innovative solutions for its customers, with their constantly evolving requirements.
As one of AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste's partners of choice, Bull has once again strengthened its position with the recent delivery of a high-availability hardware and software platform based on its NovaScale 7320 range of servers. This high-performance platform enables operations relating to the full range of AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste's services to be processed uninterrupted, in real time.
With this new platform, AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste's is able to offer new services to its customers, including, in particular: the possibility of opening a new CCP (postal check) account at a local post office, with no need for a preliminary application to the national postal order center; decentralization of CNEP (banking) operations, which are now available in all post offices; widespread computerization of all postal establishments with the aim of moving towards the development of an IPS (International Postal System) service, giving customers the possibility of tracking the movements and delivery of their mail via the Internet, as well as enabling the creation of a single, multipurpose kiosk.
"We awarded the contract to implement our new information system to Bull because of its recognized expertise in implementing complex systems touching on all the business activities of a postal operator. Their in-depth understanding of our requirements and ability to translate this into the solution that has been implemented were determining factors in our decision," commented Ms Ghania Houadria, General Manager of AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste.
"We are very proud to have AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste as one of our long-standing, major customers. Our extensive experience in information systems architecture enabled us to provide a global response – from consultancy to deployment – to all AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste's requirements on this large scale project, particularly strategic for the development of our customer" commented Didier
Lamouche, Chairman and CEO of Bull, member of the French delegation of business leaders accompanying President SARKOZY in Algeria.
Bull has been partnering AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste since 1974, applying its technical expertise and know-how to the development of the post office's IT systems.
The services provided by Bull include the implementation of a network and application supervision tool that has enabled AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste to improve diagnostics for users and so to intervene more quickly when there are problems. Bull has also contributed to improving the way that the company manages almost 10 million postal check accounts, with the implementation of high-performance processing capabilities.
The implementation of a solution for checking specimen signatures via intranet and a centralized printing system in eight regions of the country for sending out check-books and statements, are examples of other projects that Bull has successfully delivered to the satisfaction of users.
About Bull, Architect of an Open World(TM)
As one of the leading European IT companies, Bull delivers open, flexible and secure information systems. The group helps public and private sector customers transform their information systems, applying its know-how and expertise in three main areas:
– Capitalizing on its extensive mainframe experience, Bull designs and produces robust, innovative and open servers, based on industry-standard technologies;
– Building on its alliances with leading ISVs and long-standing involvement with Open Source, Bull develops and implements flexible and interoperable application infrastructures which give business processes the freedom to evolve;
– Bringing together recognized expertise in end-to-end IT security, Bull secures data and exchanges that are so critical in preserving customers' business integrity.
Bull has a particularly strong presence in the public, healthcare, finance, telecommunications, manufacturing and defense sectors. Its distribution network and business partners cover more than 60 countries worldwide.
For more information visit: http://www.bull.com
About AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste: a business that never stops growing
AlgÃƒÂ©rie Poste is a publicly-owned commercial operation, with revenues of DZD272,055,490 in 2006. In terms of its infrastructure, the company has:
– 3,293 post office branches
– 09 central sorting offices, including 4 of them dealing with international business
– 06 parcel post processing centers – 04 EMS express mail service centers – 01 national postal check center – 06 regional postal check centers – 06 postal order centers – 07 savings centers – 9.5 million CCP accounts – 3.7 million Cnep accounts – Coverage: one post office branch for every 9,800 head of population – 221 million financial operations carried out each year – 16,000 billion Algeria Dinars handled each year. Press Contacts Bull : Anne-Marie Jourdain Phone: +33(0)1-30-80-32-52 E-mail: email@example.com Financial Dynamics : Tiphaine Bannelier +33(0)1-47-03-68-10 E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org