Top 10 Articles of 2008
As the year winds down we take one last look back at 2008 with the very best of LinuxMagazine.com writing.
I’ve Got A Penguin in My Briefs
Steven A. Reisler explains his experience with GNU/Linux, and how he has completely freed his computing environment from proprietary software.
The X=X+1 Issue
A trip down memory (addressing) lane for parallel programming.
Review: Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon vs. Mac OS X Leopard
Scott Granneman referees a technological cage match between Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy Gibbon) and Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
Being technical, you’re probably eager to jump into the â€œhowâ€ of virt. But let’s take a step back for a minute and look at just â€œwhatâ€ this technology is.
The Man Behind Ubuntu: Talking with Mark Shuttleworth
Linux Magazine spends some time with the man who made Ubuntu, arguably the most popular desktop Linux distribution, possible. Kristin Shoemaker finds out what makes Mark tick, and whatâ€™s going on with the Shuttleworth Foundation.
The Wizard Boot Camp Series
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part One: Linux, Shells & Commands
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Two: Intro to Standard I/O
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Three: Using Standard I/O from Shells
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Four: Tracking Processes
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Five: Control Processes Using Signals
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Six: Daemons & Subshells
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Seven: /proc Process-Info
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Eight: Utilities You Should Know
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part Nine: (More) Utilities You Should Know
- Wizard Boot Camp, Part 10: Utilities You Should Know
Fatal error: Call to undefined function aa_author_bios() in /opt/apache/dms/b2b/linux-mag.com/site/www/htdocs/wp-content/themes/linuxmag/single.php on line 62